Friday, April 3, 2009

A Little Prayer

I woke up during the night. It was rather warm and the blanket was killing me! No wonder…I noticed that my wife had already thrown her share onto mine and I was having a double dose of it.

As soon as I opened my eyes, I said a little prayer…unconsciously…and without thinking. A little prayer, not more than two lines…a simple thank you Jesus. And then I thought how lucky we, those who profess some faith in a higher being…how lucky we, who have faith in Jesus Christ…how lucky we are, and what a blessing, that we could offer all our problems, all our pre-occupations and all our joys and sorrows, to Him so He can lighten our burden. What a blessing that we could talk to Our Lord and put our complete faith in Him, to lead us through good and bad times, through difficult moments in our lives.

How I pity those who haven’t discovered Jesus in their lives yet. Those who are god-less! Those who have no one to turn to when everything around them is despair and they need a shoulder to lean on.

Come unto me all who are weary and burdened, I shall give you rest (Matt: 11:28).

1 comment:

  1. Frans, I think a spontaneous prayer can be as effective and spiritual as a pre-conceived or written prayer and we need to pray in both ways.
    Thanks for sharing your 'middle of the night prayer' experience.
    As to your last paragraph I feel that God makes Himself known to everyone in some way or another and that it is up to each and everyone of us to accept Him in our lives. Indeed it is also up to each one to see we are on the right road and to help others by our example. And you are one!
    I'm sure you must have heard the saying,'You may be the only Bible some people will ever read'.

    ReplyDelete